Friday, November 2, 2012

Dainty Salon Waiting Room


One of my favorite parts of Dainty Salon was the waiting room. With a small space in the middle of the salon threats a couple design problems. The small space had to make a statement to new customers entering the salon, while also being comfortable and a focal point.



The color scheme in place was very easy and fun to work with. I added a fun textured wallpaper which had silver scrolls running across the dark purple wall paper.  For the entryway curtain I found a heavy grey/taupe fabric that I sewed a rod pocket into. The curtain was almost double the length given so that it draped fully. I used a sheer white textured fabric that I ruched using elastic, that I sewed into the seam to create the gathering.

The curtain was then draped using a metal tie back to create a cozy entryway for customers. To hide the metal tie back I made a tie out of the same fabric with a rosette that matched the one on the front of the curtain.

Overall the waiting room is the “hub” (if you will), of the design and business concept that Dainty Salon is all about; a classy, comfortable, elegant atmosphere where clients can receive some of the best services. 

No comments: